CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 23, 2018

Washing Ashore in Nashville’s Open-Arms Artistic Community

HowlRound Theatre Commons: This month, I celebrate my one-year anniversary in Nashville, a city with charming roots and a promising future that has darn well stolen my heart. As a relatively new citizen of Music City and native Tennessean, I’ve been swept off my feet by the unexpected, vibrant energy infecting the town, and through this week’s series I hope to share some of that energy with you. The attentive reader may wonder, Why are you curating a series about the artistic community of a city you’ve called home for such a short amount of time? But in many ways, the very reason this series exists is to look at why Nashville has recently become such a popular home for droves of young artists like me.

No comments: