CMU School of Drama


Sunday, October 17, 2021

NFTRW Weekly Top Five

Here are the top five comment generating posts of the past week:

Mind Your Language

SoundGirls.org: I’m a big fan of cognitive behavioural therapy. I think everyone should learn about it, whether they’re in need of therapy or not because it explains so much about how we think and how to control our mindset. One of the main insights I have taken away from it is that when we’re tired, stressed out, or even bored our brains revisit the same thoughts and memories that we already think about the most.

How Do We Walk the Line Between Plagiarism and Direct Inspiration?

nofilmschool.com: Inspiration is one of those buzzwords in all artistry that I think probably gets overused. Nevertheless, I find myself looking to be inspired day in and day out. What material will spark my creative juices and get me excited to chase down the next spec script? What worlds will I find so enthralling they'll lead me to write a new pilot?

Imposter Syndrome Gets a Bad Rap.

SoundGirls.org: We like to blame everything on that voice in our head telling us we’re not good enough. But it hit me the other day that maybe we are so focused on ignoring any negative voices in our head that we are depriving ourselves of progress.

Trans 'Hamilton' Actor Claims Discrimination by Production

www.themarysue.com: Suni Reid, a transgender performer on the hit Broadway show Hamilton, has accused the production of discrimination against them for asking for a gender-neutral dressing room. Per the complaint, which was published by The Hill, Suni Reid, who has been apart of the New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles Hamilton productions, did not have their contract renewed.

The SFX supervisor on 'No Time To Die' breaks down the film's five biggest practical effects

befores & afters: Chris Corbould has worked on 15 James Bond films, and has been the special effects supervisor for nine of them; No Time To Die is his latest. And amongst all that intense practical effects supervision, he has slowly been transitioning into second unit directing, an area he now plans to concentrate on.

 

No comments: