CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 30, 2013

Wired for Sound

Carnegie Mellon University | CMU: To many high school students, sound is what emanates from their iPod. To a young Maggie Burke (A'15), it meant the world of theatrical sound design. Now a Carnegie Mellon University junior, Burke recently had the opportunity to attend the Broadway Sound Master Classes in New York City after winning the 2013 Helen and John Meyer Sound Scholarship.
"My goal is to one day work as a sound designer on Broadway," explained Burke. "This scholarship gave me the opportunity to learn from and be inspired by those who have created and shaped the field I intend to pursue."

3 comments:

K G said...

Maggie Burke is the love of my life.

Olivia LoVerde said...

First off I just want to say congratulations to Maggie on her achievement. It is really cool to read something about how great one of my peers is doing. This is also an inspiration for the possibilities that await me in the future. If these were the things that were available to Maggie they will be there for me. I am even more excited about the next four years then I was before.

AAKennar said...

That is really awesome and very encouraging to hear. I personally feel motivated by such stories of people pursuing a passion that they have found within themselves. I have also admired Maggie for the short time I have known her and knew of her always as a hard worker. In the few interaction I have with Maggie over the course of my time at CMU I have always enjoyed them. I hope for her the best and is a great reminder of the talent and possibility that CMU has for us.