CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Everybody Wants to Record the World

ProSoundNetwork.com: The first season of Simon & Greg Record the World, an online video series presented by pureMix, poses the question, How do you build a recording studio in a remote part of Senegal when transport is limited and materials are hard to come by? The answer, as demonstrated by both Simon Walls, a Montreal-based music producer, songwriter and adventurer, and Greg Bonnier, a record producer, sound engineer and filmmaker also based in Montreal, is through a little ingenuity and a lot of elbow grease.

1 comment:

Olav Carter said...

First of all, I adore the Tears For Fears parody title. I find myself making similar parodies in my titles for essays, articles, etc. Definitely the thing that brought me into this article. Moving forward, however, I think the idea for the program is really cool, both culturally and overall as well. I think culturally the program can open audiences to new types of music; new genres, new bands, soon-upcoming artists, new stories, etc. Overall, I think the program is a very positive way for artists and performers just to get their art and material out in the open, and for today’s modern charts it seems to be much more redeeming overall, too. Rather than specifically get exploited over performing what the people want, one is getting credit online for what they want to do. I’m very curious to see how this program turns out and I’d like to watch it once I can find where it is officially published.