CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, October 29, 2019

One Man’s Trash...

ProSoundNetwork.com: About a year ago, I was rummaging through a neighbor’s trash—well, not exactly. I was digging through a garage sale, and like they say, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure...but what I was finding was trash. As I left, I looked in one last cardboard box on the driveway, and from under all the broken toys and stray playing cards, I pulled out a relic from another age: a consumer MiniDisc of Natalie Cole’s 1991 smash, Unforgettable with Love.

1 comment:

Mia Romsaas said...

I really enjoyed reading this story. It is another example on how you never know what you’re going to find, and where seemingly insignificant things will bring you. Garage sales are one of my favorite places to go look around. You can often find the most unique and antique things you never knew you needed at garage sales. In junior year of high school, I went to a garage sale with friends, and I found an actual catgut violin. This violin was originally strung with catgut, and had not been replaced. Violins were beginning to be strung with metal and catgut by the late 1800’s, meaning this violin was from before this time. It was an instrument for display, not playing obviously, but when I got really excited over the violin, the owner let me try playing it. It was not for sale, but still incredible to find. I wonder how much this man made from the CD from Sony?