CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, April 18, 2023

MSG Entertainment Plans Fall Debut for “Sphere Experiences”

www.ticketnews.com: The new MSG Sphere at the Venetian, the huge project of entertainment industry, will welcome its visitors with “Sphere Experiences,” one of the core content categories to be featured at the venue, when it opens its doors this fall. An immersive production called Postcard from Earth will be launched in order to meet audiences with the arts and entertainment of 22nd century technologies under the “Sphere Experiences”, which features an LED display inside the main venue bowl that wraps up, over and around the audience.

2 comments:

Gemma said...

This seems like a really interesting entertainment experience - and the fact that the debut event is space themed is fun. The technology of this building is really interesting. I’d love to see these LED screens in person - the highest resolution in the world is a wild thing to think about and I’m sure it’s really cool in person. Technology that mimics environmental effects has always been an interest of mine, and I’m curious to see how it’s implemented in a way to mimic different kinds of environments, not just one type. A technology that can mimic space and one that can also support a concert is such an interesting, flexible one. I’ll be excited to see photos from the concert collaboration with U2 when they are released. The infrasound haptic system and the 4d multisensory technology are both so interesting to me, and I will be looking up how they work and their implementations later!

Sonja Meyers said...

First off, I am incredibly disappointed that “Sphere Experiences” is not being called “ExSpheriences.” The words fit together so magically well, and it would be such great branding. It could also be spiced up to be something like XSpheriences, or the i could be dropped and it could be XSpherences: The Sphere Experience. Play with capitalization: xSPHEREnces to emphasize the sphere. The only good reason I can think for why that wasn’t selected was because it can be kind of hard to pronounce, however, as someone who my entire life has still had a slight lisp with the general v, f, ph, s, etc. category of sounds, and can’t really pronounce sphere very well, I don’t think that xSpherences is at all more difficult to pronounce than Sphere Experiences. Personally, when I am repeating the phrase “xspherences” ten times quickly, I can do it pretty well, but I get tripped up with “sphere experiences” over and over again.