CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, April 19, 2023

If You're Going to Edinburgh Fringe, Better Think Ahead About Where You'll Rest Your Head

Playbill: During the month of August, Edinburgh, Scotland turns into a major cultural hub. The city plays host not only to the world’s largest arts festival, Edinburgh Festival Fringe, but also the Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh International, the Book Festival, and even a couple of others. As reported by The Scotsman, over four million people flocked to the city in August of 2019. That’s nearly eight times the capital’s population of half a million. So where do they all stay?

1 comment:

B Hanser said...

I am dying to go back to Fringe as soon as I possibly can. Housing is a very real concern for me in making that trip happen. Last time I went I was lucky enough to be housed at the University of Edinburgh and had an entire dorm room to myself, be it without air conditioning. However, If I went back on my own I would need to find my own housing. It is hard because I am a broke college student, and don’t have the opportunity to book a year in advance because things may change for me during those next 12 months. I think based on this article I should wait until at least 2025 to see what new rules are actually set in place, which may help me with my problem. I’m hoping that it may lower costs instead of just limit housing options. No matter what, I am determined to go back as soon as I can afford it.