CMU School of Drama


Monday, January 23, 2023

AMO unveils transforming scenography with retractable ceiling at prada FW 2023 show

www.designboom.com: For Prada’s Fall/Winter 2023 menswear show, AMO, OMA’s research and design studio, conceived a scenography that transforms during the show, changing the perception of the space at the Deposito at Fondazione Prada. During the fashion show, the ceiling rises to unveil multiple three-meter-tall chandeliers that reference a classic form with industrial materiality, and then retracts to its original position.

1 comment:

Jessica Williams said...

This scenography and just general fashion show is extremely compelling to me. I have never been interested in fashion shows as my interests never really lay with cloth and fabric and types of clothing concepts but this stunt definitely intrigues me a lot more than anything else has ever done for me, especially when it comes to the fashion industry. I remember seeing something about a fashion show in which they forced those poor models to go sludging through mud and snow, probably for the idea of “Well if our models can look this good in our clothes in these conditions, imagine how good you are going to look in normal conditions.” This stunt, however seems much more interesting and much more full of sense. In fact, I don’t think I have ever seen a fashion show emphasize the mood and the setting of the space that they are in rather than the mood and cost of the clothes on show.