CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Photos and video from 'Titanic: The Exhibition' in Los Angeles

attractionsmagazine.com: It’s been over 100 years since the sinking of Titanic, yet the tragic history of the “unsinkable” ship still fascinates so many. If you’ve ever dreamed of stepping aboard the ship and walking in spaces like Titanic’s Grand Staircase, you can do just that at Titanic: The Exhibition in Los Angeles, where they’ve recreated some of the ship’s most iconic locations.

1 comment:

Abby Brunner said...

Personally, if I were to ever go to this exhibit I would be worried about sinking the entire time. From the photos in this article, it looks like an exact replica of the Titanic. I have never been insanely interested in the Titanic and I haven’t actually seen the movie, but I would be intrigued to go see this replica exhibit. I wonder how many people often visit this exhibit and I find it incredibly cool that it is self-paced. It reminds me of the mansions in Rodhe Island that you can tour and pretend you are one of the wealthy class people living in this mansion of a house. Furthermore, the delicacy that has been used to create every detail of this exhibit is exquisite and incredible, I could only imagine the drafting plans for this exhibit. The amount of molding and other elements that make things like the grand staircase so grand are mesmerizing to look at. I hope this exhibit inspires others just as much as the pictures have inspired me.