CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Monday Musings | Canadian Creative Design Companies

www.livedesignonline.com: Oh Canada, Oh Canada! Or in this case, more specifically Montreal and Quebec...I’ve often wondered what they put in the water up there, or if creativity just runs freely through their veins. After all, Canada is the birthplace of Cirque du Soleil, as well as Robert Lepage and his company, Ex Machina, which are, in my book, two of the most creative driving forces of the past few decades.

1 comment:

Kaylie C. said...

I went to Canada for the first time over spring break. I did not go to Montreal or Quebec which I now understand need to go on to my bucket list asap. I will definitely need to visit those places eventually! Toronto, however, was still doing some pretty cool things. The trip was focused around seeing art during the day, and checking out the barcades and amazing food in the evenings. I saw their contemporary museums which had a strong focus on video art, and their winter light exhibition out on the island. I love pretty lights and very much enjoyed to exhibition, but I think I’d have a lot more fun seeing the more advanced media arts coming out of places like the Moment Factory. I am glad that I saw what I got to see of Canada before shelter-in-place began, and look forward to seeing more art there someday in the future.