CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Meow Wolf to open ‘otherworldly’ art experience in Las Vegas

Las Vegas Review-Journal: The last time Meow Wolf was in Las Vegas, it unleashed pillow monsters, slime and a land of ramen on unsuspecting festivalgoers.

Just a year and a half after that temporary Life is Beautiful installation, the Santa Fe-based art collective is creating a permanent experiential space for Area15, the art and tech hub rising just west of the Strip.

“It’s going to be like an open-world video game,” says Corvas Brinkerhoff III, co-founder of Meow Wolf. “Except you’ll explore the world with your body instead of on a screen.”

1 comment:

Ari Cobb said...

Meow Wolf in Santa fe is one of the coolest and most interesting places I’ve ever visited. I absolutely loved exploring all of the different environments they constructed and how they managed to string them all together as part of a story. The interactive elements that they put in there were fantastic as well, with the ability to open doors leading to different places, to pushing buttons that make things move, to things that you can make music with. I’ve never really wanted to go to Las Vegas, but with this coming there it seems a lot more appealing. I can’t wait to see what more things they’ll add to this new exhibit and how they’ll expand upon the original one. I just wish the article said more about what's to come without making you pay 99 cents to read it. This kind of creative build is something that I’ve always been interested in, and I’ve wanted to be a part of making themed environments for a while now. I hope that some day in my future I’ll be able to work on a Meow Wolf type project myself.