CMU School of Drama


Thursday, November 24, 2022

Black Panther 2: Watch Lupita Nyong'o's Intense Underwater Training

collider.com: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is finally out, and it is worth all the praise it’s getting and then some more. Director Ryan Coogler’s labor of love pays homage to actor Chadwick Boseman, gives fans hope for the future, and portrays another geo-political conflict brilliantly! And the cast of the movie has certainly given their all to bring his vision to life. In a new clip, actor Lupita Nyong’o is seen training for the underwater sequences for the movie, and it’s no small feat.

1 comment:

Ava Notarangelo said...

There are always little aspects of movies that I never think about, and although I haven't seen this movie yet, underwater training for most movies in general is something that I have never really thought about. growing up in Hawai’i, I listened to countless presentations I bought things like holding your water for surfing or learning how to deep dive underwater or even just learning how to hold your breath in general, it still never crossed my mind that learning how to hold your breath underwater for a crazy amount of time would be something useful for shooting television or movies. As a kid I was a big fan of H2O, and I think that it was for the show in the show only that it ever crossed my mind that the actors would have to hold their breath for some sort of time in order to get the shots that they needed. I never really thought of it as an issue or something that would be super crazy, but it's still something that is worth thinking about and appreciating.