CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 20, 2021

PPG's Fall dance preview: What to see in person by 10 Pittsburgh-based arts groups

Pittsburgh in the Round: Several Pittsburgh-based arts organizations will return in the coming months to the theater for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began. For audiences, that means a robust fall for dance. But the pandemic isn’t over yet. For the latest safety measures, check each company’s website for updates. Some groups also plan to continue online options through at least the end of the year for those who aren’t quite ready yet to be part of an in-person audience.

3 comments:

Sports News said...

Nice Blog

Sophia Coscia said...

A few weeks ago, I attended the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust’s “Light On” event that celebrated the reopening of the arts industry in Pittsburgh! I saw a few amazing samples of dance there. I simply cannot wait to get involved in seeing more performance in Pittsburgh this semester. Especially, after the freshmen’s cultural projects where we examined different local arts and cultural groups. I am particularly excited by Slowdanger’s performance at the Warhol. At home, I worked pretty closely with a contemporary dance company that collaborated with local arts organizations. So, Slowdanger is right up my alley. I have made it a personal challenge to attend one off campus event every week. So far, I have been to an opening at Silvereye, TQ Live at the Carnegie Museum of Art, and “The Rivers Don’t Know” at Pittsburgh Playhouse. I can not wait to add some of these performances to the list.

about rugby said...

Very Helpful blog thanks for sharing!
copaamerica2024