CMU School of Drama


Sunday, September 15, 2019

NFTRW Weekly Top Five

Here are the top five comment generating posts of the past week:

The Rat From Avengers: Endgame Was a Real, Trained Animal

io9.gizmodo.com: In a movie like Avengers: Endgame, you’re dealing in worlds, characters, and costumes that are all built from visual effects, to the point where even the office building from the Captain America vs. Captain America fight was all-digital. Sometimes, it’s nice to celebrate the moments that were real.




‘Resident Evil’ Stuntwoman Files Suit Over Motorcycle Crash

Variety: A stuntwoman who suffered severe injuries on the set of “Resident Evil: The Final Chapter” in 2015 has filed a lawsuit alleging that the film’s producers reneged on a promise to cover her medical costs.

We Have Suffered Enough

HowlRound Theatre Commons: Since the beginning of my career in the American regional theatre, I have been embodying roles from what the West considers “classical” plays. Beloved female characters have, through my body, been verbally, mentally, and sexually abused; mutilated, murdered, and exiled. I can count on one hand the times my characters weren’t harmed.

I have suffered enough.

What is Intimacy Direction?

At This Stage: When a scene involves any sort of violence or extreme physicality, it’s a no-brainer that a fight director will be hired. Yet when there’s intimacy involved, we often expect the actors to wing it. Or worse, to “go in the hallway and figure it out.”

Finding a Way to Love 'Phantom' After Trauma

Theatre Development Fund – TDF: When someone says she has a complicated relationship in her life, she's usually referring to her mother or an ex. But for me, my most complicated relationship is with my favorite musical: The Phantom of the Opera.

1 comment:

kristinahojholt said...

Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!
Immersive Therapy VR