CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, November 28, 2018

18 Best Web & Graphic Designer Resume Templates for 2019

business.tutsplus.com: Sometimes, the toughest design work you'll try to do is for yourself as a client. You can be the best graphic designer around, but building your own resume is just too tough. Since you're applying for a design-centric job, it's crucial that your resume looks like a top designer created it.

Every job will have a deep pool of applicants and it's your job to get to the top of the stack. You can do that by building a professional resume that highlights your skills and puts your best foot forward.

1 comment:

Julian G. said...

I’m not a fan of the one with a giant image as the background, it makes everything hard to read and difficult to focus on the content, plus it feels self absorbed. I realize resumes are inherently self absorbed, but it somehow still seems problematically self absorbed. The Minimal one looks fine I guess, but the color scheme feels too muted for me and the header seems to take up more of the page than is really helpful. The Resume set one seems fine, nothing crazy, and I’m not sure how many people would read that block of text. The Bold Black and White one looks interesting, and I think the signature in the bottom right is a nice touch. The Colorful and Airy one feels like a wedding invite to me, but I think I was biased by the roses. The next two seems simple and nice, but the 2 Piece Contemporary CV is distractingly bright and hard to follow. The Modern Monochrome one seems kind of unfinished to me, the bars ending where they do is confusing. Most of the rest seem fine, but the UI Designer one is really cool. Having the resume be an User Interface is super clever and all the sizes and buttons look really good. Having it be a template kind of ruins it, since if they see two people with the same template it stop being impressive and starts making the person reviewing the resume wonder if you can design a UI yourself, but I love the concept. Overall, some of these look good to me and some look terrible, what can you do, resumes are subjective in the end.