CMU School of Drama


Friday, November 23, 2018

5 Light Shows From LDI2018

www.livedesignonline.com: It has been almost a month since LDI2018, the 30th anniversary of the leading conference and tradeshow for live design professionals from all around the globe. Over 14,000 registered for the event, which featured 230,000+ square feet of exhibits including LDI: Live Outside, 360+ exhibitors with a wide range of new products launched at the show, and 100+ conference and professional training sessions.

1 comment:

GabeM said...

Like previous comments I have made on Live Design International posts, this event really seems one of a kind. I am so happy every time I see a new article about the convention because I just know I am going to read or watch something spectacular. This post, in particular, was really something I thoroughly enjoyed. Watching these light design shows was so inspiring and it is always amazing to see the capabilities of these new lighting fixtures. The first video by Robe was really something, while the dance and music were incredible, the lighting really stole the show. I wish this article went more in depth about the technical aspects of each production such as fixture type, designer, and programmer because so much work went into them that it seems unfair not to give those people a shoutout. I am always amazed when American DJ comes out with new products because that company has come so far in a short period of time. They really have moved away from finicky little fixtures to some truly impressive technology that can be used in amazing ways.