CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, November 28, 2017

DeWalt 7 Piece Combo Kit Review - Yellow & Black For Not Much Green

homefixated.com: Over the years, I’ve accumulated a pretty fair assortment of tools. Drills, multi-tools, saws of every description, hand tools…I’m pretty well set. Having said that, every time I pop in to get a box of drywall screws or a few 2x4s, there’s no way I’m leaving without seeing what’s new in the tool aisle. If you’re looking to kick-start a collection of cordless tools, for yourself or someone else, the Home Depot currently has a DeWalt 7 Piece Combo Kit (model DCKTS780D1M1) with a pretty useful assortment of tools – and at a pretty amazing price. We’ve got a lot of tools to look at, so put down that copy of The Magnificent Seven, or pause that Blu-Ray of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and let’s see what’s in the box.

2 comments:

Drew H said...

I must say, this kit does seem like a pretty good deal. I have mixed feelings on combo sets though. On one hand, its great to get a price break when you are buying seven tools, but on the other hand, what if the seven tools that come in a kit are not the ones you are in the market for. For example, right now I have a drill and driver, and I would love seven tools to go with my system for about $1,000, but I would want those tools to be a circ saw, recip saw, socket driver, nail gun, and whatever else I might think of that would be in the same scale as the kit offered. But, I wouldn’t buy this kit because I don’t really want a light, even though I know how useful they are once you have one, I have the drill and driver, and I think a cordless grinder is a waste. I would love to see an online order form where I can pick and choose what I want in my set

Mattox S. Reed said...

This kit looks really nice as a combo set and is one of the few sets that I personally have looked at in the past in terms of wanting to purchase. Combo kits to me always have made sense due to the fact that bundling all of these different tools together allows the consumer to get a majority of the tools for a portion less of what they would be if they were to buy them each individually. But where most people get stuck in this is with the tools that are most commonly provided in these kits. For me the reason that I shied away specfically with this kit was due to the fact that there were two tools that I wasn't looking for. These being the light and Oscillating Multi Tool neither of which I directly have a need or use for I just want to buy the best possible kit for myself with as many if all the tools filling a need for my work style.