CMU School of Drama


Friday, September 13, 2013

Reminder: Apply to Be Adam's Assistant!

Tested: The deadline for The Inventern applications has been extended to October 7th! Here's a friendly reminder that if you haven't submitted a video for The Inventern contest, you still have a little less than a month to do so. Adam is looking for a new assistant to work with him on a special project, and we want to discover new makers and learn about your projects. It doesn't matter if you're an artist, tinkerer, woodworker, or machinist--all we care is that you are passionate about the things you make and have the right drive and attitude to work in Adam's shop.

2 comments:

AlexxxGraceee said...

WHAT!?!?!? first of all WHAT THIS IS A THING!?!?! THIS IS LIKE ALL IVE WANTED TO DO EVER!!!! and second, WHAT HOW HAS NO ONE COMMENTED ON THIS!?!!? This is seriously and opportunity of a life time! I wish I had something cool enough to submit to this. Adams work in props and replication is truly inspiring. Watching some of his videos makes me wish i could be as passionate and detailed as him in my work. I just don't have the patience that he doe when it comes to some of the extraneous detail that he adds, which is one of his favorite parts! The opportunity to learn from and work with him is truly an opportunity of a life time and I cannot wait to see who the winner is and what they do!

seangroves71 said...

OHHH MY GOD I SECOND EVERYTHING ALEX SAYS

I follow tested regularly and OH MY GOSH I am so excited and am going to make my video this week



OH MY GOD I have been trying to find a way to work for Adam Savage or Mythbusters for the last 5-8 years.