CMU School of Drama


Monday, March 16, 2020

Illuminating The “Voices Of The Children” With Rosco Silk® LED Soft Lights

www.rosco.com: Director, Editor and Composer Anne Meißner recently produced a documentary webseries called “Voices of the Children.” According to Meißner, this series, which was illuminated by Rosco Silk LED soft lights, was created in order to “give children a voice and contribute to a society in which children’s views are given more attention and recognition in their communities and beyond.”

1 comment:

Alexa Janoschka said...

This was a very in-depth article about the lighting that they used for this video. I don’t fully understand why the article was written (maybe to market the Rosco Silk LED soft lights?) but it was a nice read at least. I think this article is very helpful for anyone looking to gain a little insight on how videos are filmed and how certain looks are created. The video is very inspiring and these kids make me feel like I didn’t do enough when I was younger (but oh well). The video was very nice and I do agree that the lighting looks very professional. They did talk about the three-point lighting and how they only used one Rosco fixture, which is noticeable because in almost all the interview shots only half of the kids’ faces are lit (which is a design choice I am guessing and that is the look they were going for) I think that this article will make me look more closely at the lighting of other documentaries and videos.