CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Louis C.K., Harvey Weinstein, and the Art of the Brotest

The Atlantic: Before Louis C.K. said, late last week, that “these stories are true,” he said that the stories were lies. During a 2016 interview with New York magazine, which asked C.K. about rumors of sexual harassment that had been circulating around him for years: “I don’t care about that. That’s nothing to me. That’s not real.” During a 2017 interview with The New York Times, after the comedian Tig Notaro mentioned those rumors in a conversation with with The Daily Beast: “I don’t know why she said the things she’s said. … I don’t think talking about that stuff in the press and having conversations over press lanes is a good idea.” During that same interview: “I’m not going to answer to that stuff, because they’re rumors. If you actually participate in a rumor, you make it bigger and you make it real.”

No comments: