CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Hippotizer Boreal feeds metal band Powerwolf’s big screen creatures

LightSoundJournal.com: German metal band Powerwolf unleashed their no-holds-barred Wolfsnächte Tour 2022 across Europe in the autumn, with a characteristically energetic show designed to thrill their hoards of die hard fans. Dominating the staging was a huge 5mm pixel pitch LED wall displaying album cover artwork, creatures of the night, and eerie scenes, driven by Hippotizer Boreal Media Servers supplied to the tour by Cast.

1 comment:

Jessica Williams said...

I have never liked VMD in general but I have always held a certain special amount of malice in my heart for LED Walls. I never liked them because I always saw them as overshadowing all the other aspects of the design instead of working with them, including overshadowing the act itself. This LED wall however makes me rethink my position on the subject specifically from the pictures of it used. It seems much more understated than the typical bright LED that I find completely obnoxious. I think this is especially interesting as it is controlled by a console that I have never heard of before but obviously does a very good job, especially when dealing with such a flashy and spectacle driven heavy metal band. This is especially impressive when I take into account that this band is on tour and it still remains able to maintain subtlety and beautiful design elements in amongst the flash and trash.