CMU School of Drama


Thursday, January 20, 2022

FilmLA Reports Quarter Four Production All-Time Filming Record

Variety: FilmLA has released its report for fourth quarter filming in the L.A. region. From October to December there was an all-time quarterly record of 10,780 shoot days. The report states it was 4% above the previous three-month high of 10,359 SD set in Q4, 2018. It is also an increase over the previous quarter, revealing a brisk pace of production leading into the holiday season.

1 comment:

Jeremy Pitzer said...

This trend makes sense to me because I’m sure all filmmakers, actors, directors, and designers in Los Angeles are desperate to get back to work, and likely many of them have been enthralled in the pre production creation of products over the course of this pandemic, however, I worry about all the contact made in these record breaking filming days in the rise of omicron. Obviously we haven’t heard anything insane out of Los Angeles in this new spike of the virus (Crazy outside of the elevated number of cases found across the country). I can only hope that all of this was done safely and everyone was vaccinated and boosted when they could be. I can’t even say that I hope it was done up to regulation because I’ve seen that the regulations, especially in Hollywood, are rather lax as the big studios hold a lot of power over the unions.