CMU School of Drama


Friday, January 21, 2022

Center Theatre Group's Season Gets Underway, Slowly, Following Covid Shutdowns

TheaterMania: In deciding when to reopen its three stages following the pandemic shutdown, Los Angeles's Center Theatre Group opted to play it safe. While some Southern California playhouses welcomed audiences back in the fall, CTG decided to wait until February to open the mid-size Mark Taper Forum, and until March to open its smallest venue, the Kirk Douglas Theatre.

1 comment:

Megan Hanna said...

When I first saw this article, I immediately sent it to my dad because we just had a conversation about when the Ahmanson Theatre would return, especially since other theater’s in the area such as the Pantages and Pasadena Playhouse have had multiple shows since the start of the pandemic. I am in no way criticizing their decision to wait, in fact I think it’s great that they value their cast, crew, and patrons so much that they wanted to wait until they had well thought out and safe plans in place. It’s always been clear to me, at least from my experience with them, that the Center Theatre Group cares about the community. I was able to see so many shows with them because they offered a student deal that was less than one hundred dollars for over 10 plays and one adult gets the same offer to take you. I can’t wait to see another show there!