CMU School of Drama


Thursday, February 11, 2021

Interview: Costume Designer Allisa Swanson On Creating Multi-Decade Look For Netflix’s Firefly Lane

theseriesregulars.com: If you have yet to check out Netflix’s latest binge-worthy series, Firefly Lane, it would be our recommendation to watch it STAT. Starring Scrubs’ Sarah Chalke and Grey’s Anatomy Katherine Heigl, the series dives into the story of a friendship that spans over three decades. It will make you laugh, cry, and tug at your heartstrings like nothing ever has before.

1 comment:

Katie Welker said...

I love a good article about the processes used to design something. I think that you can learn a lot by just seeing how somebody else goes through a process because you can see what works and what does not work without being responsible for any problems that might arise from it. I really liked reading about how Allisa Swanson went through the phases of her design process and how that timeline went when designing Firefly. It is very cool. Especially because to me the timelines for when things need to be done are kind of vague because no one has really ever explained that to me but I am getting a better understanding of it now that I am here and have calendars to look at for those timelines and deadlines. I liked reading about how she researched for this show too and what materials and resources she used as well.