CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 26, 2021

How Well Do You Know Your Audio Console?

Church Production Magazine: Taking the time to engage more fully with our technology and understand its capabilities makes us better in our craft. Time spent here is an investment in ourselves and it allows us to use our talents to engage others more effectively. It allows us to minister better. Here are three capabilities that I generally see underutilized--or that are even unknown to many operators serving in our churches.

1 comment:

Hikari Harrison said...

This article surprised me, as taken from the title I expected it to be a critique on audio consoles and different brands. It was a pleasant surprise, however, as it was instead about hidden features that people may be not utilizing or are aware of in their sound console. I appreciate that this article was in fact informative rather than an advertisement for different sound consoles or criticizing certain brands. I was a bit confused with the multi-band compression. I understand what they mean about cutting off higher frequencies and being able to boost others, but this seems the same as EQ to me. I feel as though it was not as a unique or hidden feature as the article made it seem to be, especially for the first one listed. Similarly, the group compression was not new to me as well. This is something that I utilized often for vocal groups. I was disappointed that they only listed 3 features, as the only one that was new to me was the 2nd one on side chaining.