CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, February 23, 2021

TAIT's Building And Signage For The Super Bowl LV Halftime Show

LiveDesignOnline: Known for their massive construction of concert touring sets, TAIT contributed to the scenic elements of The Weeknd's Super Bowl LV Pepsi Halftime Show, which aired live on February 7, 2021 on CBS. Live Design chats with Shannon Nickerson, project manager at TAIT, and Karla Ramsey, scenic designer at TAIT, about their involvement in the project, including design aspects and technical details for 17 3D-buildings and signage.

1 comment:

Alexa Janoschka said...

Articles like this make me so excited for the future. I want to be apart of this one day. I want to be able to say that I worked on the Super Bowl’s halftime show. How freaking cool would that be! I thought it was really cool that they used the Texture Hopper gun to texturize the set and give it a different finish. I would like to know how different the set might have looked if they had only painted the set rather than texturized it. How much more does it cost to texturize a set compared to only painting it and is the added cost worth it? I didn’t notice when I was watching, I was more focused on the lighting of the Halftime performance. I thought the infinity wall was incredible! That mirror room was a really cool design (but I thought it was strange that they went for that design during the pandemic because of social distancing) I will have to continue to look into TAIT Towers and PRG as possible employers for the future