CMU School of Drama


Monday, February 15, 2021

Developer modifies plans for West Side movie production studio

Local News | buffalonews.com: The backers and architects behind a planned television and movie production studio on the West Side want to shift the proposed building's front entrance around the corner, from Niagara Street to West Ferry Street, to protect people from harsh weather coming off of Lake Erie and the Niagara River. That would be among a series of modifications to their previously approved design.

1 comment:

Jem Tepe said...

I have a ridiculous amount of respect for architects. There's so much that they need to consider that scenic designers for indoor productions don't need to worry about. It takes a lot of knowledge on so many subjects to catch everything that could possibly go wrong with weather, structure, supports, and so many other things I would be so frustrated with having to deal with. Architects definitely seem like the type of people who enjoy an extra challenge, but I think scenic designers are much closer to visual artists like illustrators and sculptors. From the perspective of a movie lover, though, I would love to have a major film studio closer to home! Whenever I hear about movies filming in studios in London or LA and I wish I could go just to be nearby while the movie was being made. Even though I'm not super interested in working in film, I would love to be able to explore a high-budget movie set.