CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Metabo HPT MultiVolt Reciprocating Saw Review CR36DA

PTR: In the final results of our cordless reciprocating saw head-to-head review, the Metabo HPT MultiVolt reciprocating saw finished less than a point behind Milwaukee’s cordless Super Sawzall before leaving the rest of the field in their wake. It’s an impressive result for Metabo HPT that shows us the MultiVolt is serious.

Just a quick note—we refer to this model as part of the cordless “super saw” class. That group has higher power than standard saws in the 18V/20V Max class, usually powered by advanced batteries.

1 comment:

DJ L. said...

Interestingly enough, Metabo is not a company I haven't really had the pleasure of working with. While I have worked with tools from dozens of other brands, Metabo is not one of them. For some reason, I never thought of them as a good tool company. That being said, this article says otherwise. It is amazing to me how close it was to beating the Milwaukee reciprocating saw. I have worked with Milwaukee tools for a few years now and have had no complaints, so to me, it means a lot to say that it was only a point away from beating it. However, I was very surprised by the price of the tool. In my head, Metabo was not an "expensive" tool company, but boy was I wrong. At 250 dollars for this as a bare tool, Metabo its anything but cheap. All said and done, I hope I get the opportunity to play with some Metabo tools in the future.