CMU School of Drama


Thursday, July 03, 2014

Want your show in Vegas? Follow these three rules.

The Producer's Perspective: One of the greatest challenges of the Vegas market is that the powers-that-write-the-checks seem to change their mind on what they want every other day. Family entertainment is in, then it’s out, then adult entertainment is in, then it’s in some more, then Broadway is BIG, then Broadway is out, then it’s about celebrity headliners, and then dance troupes, and so on. I’m so confused! I’ve written about Vegas before, but it’s an ongoing education.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With this article it shows a different view on how things are run. I think that is cool to see different things and how people do different things. Even though you might not be able to go to New York and a theater that you could see your favorite shows in Las Vegas. Some things are difficult to figure out and find to do so I am glad that now you can do your own thing and always find something to do that you love and cherish. With everything expanding I think it helps everyone over the country to find something to do and maybe enjoy. Some things can come easy but it doesn’t than I think you should work hard to make it happen. I think by doing this and making it easier for people to see a show that they might love and not have to travel for is a really good idea.

Lyla Bartman