CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Prolight + Sound 2023: “Sinus – Systems Integration Award” for the “Dark Matter” AV installation in Berlin

LightSoundJournal.com: A parallel world of light, space and sound: this is how lighting artist Christopher Bauder describes the multimedia experience “Dark Matter”, created by him and the WHITEvoid design studio, which will receive the “Sinus – Systems Integration Award” in 2023. In the pitch-black rooms of a former factory, visitors embark on a journey through seven immersive worlds brought to life with elaborate light installations, kinetic elements, projection mapping and 3D sound.

1 comment:

Gemma said...

This exhibit is easily one of the coolest installations I’ve ever seen. I would love to see how this exhibition works in detail - what equipment they use, how they programmed it, etc. The Polygon Playground sounds very fun to play with - I’m sure I’d spend as long as I could in there experimenting with the technology. The idea of this installation being a living organism is so cool and I’m very excited to see how it grows and evolves and time goes on. I had never heard of the Sinus – Systems Integration Award but looking and seeing some of the previous winners of the award is simultaneously astounding and inspiring as to what can be done with the technology that we have at our disposal. Even from the few photos on the article, this installation seems to have a type of organic movement that the eye follows. I would really love to visit this installation sometime in the future, even though it’s very far away.