CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Review Roundup: Broadway-Aimed THE SECRET GARDEN Opens In Los Angeles

www.broadwayworld.com: The Secret Garden follows the young, orphaned Mary Lennox as she's sent from her home in India to live with her reclusive uncle on his haunted English country estate. Guided by an exceptionally beautiful score, audiences will be swept away with Mary's unapologetic curiosity as she is joined with the help of unlikely companions transporting her on a thrilling quest to untangle the pieces of her family's past and - most importantly - discover herself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Secret Garden is one of those shows that not only did I listened to with my friends but loved on my own as a child. I am so excited that the secret garden is coming to another generation of theater makers. I am also looking forward to what appears to be a less classic and more VMD and technology heavy telling of this classic story. Some of the other Design and Production students and I were looking at some of the preview photos taken and the choice that the designers made. This take on the Secret Garden reminds me of both e the new Life Of Pi musical and many other VMD heavy shows. I am interested in seeing the audience's reception of this story as it definitely comes off as more classic and dated then some of the other popular shows on broadway. Overall I am looking forward to seeing the creative choices made unfold.

Theo