CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Proposals sought for Pittsburgh's first-ever Asphalt Art Project in Friendship

Visual Art | Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh City Paper: A Pittsburgh community group wants local artists to apply for a major public art project going up at a highly visible, five-way intersection in Friendship. The Friendship Community Group, a nonprofit working to promote and enhance Pittsburgh’s Friendship neighborhood (which straddles East Liberty and Bloomfield in the East End) is now accepting proposals for the city's first-ever Asphalt Art Initiative.

1 comment:

Gabriela Fonseca Luna said...

I think this sounds like a wonderful project. I have always been an advocate for public works. I think part of creating better communities also involves improving and caring for its physical spaces, so I am sure this will prove to be successful in that regard. From the one photo attached to the project, I am very excited to see where this is going. Renovating a space is often a simple enough way to get inspired again. I know myself and several other people have relied on reorganizing the layout of their rooms, living rooms, or full houses in order to feel some sort of excitement or sense of a change of scenery during the pandemic. Even if the project is in a public space, I am sure it will create a similar effect for everyone that cannot partake in the reorganizing trend themselves for whatever reason. This feels like a win-win solution to several problems, and that is always wonderful to hear about.