CMU School of Drama


Friday, March 26, 2021

Meyer Sound to Offer Interactive Spacemap Go Demos at FILO Chicago 202

LightSoundJournal.com: Meyer Sound will be offering hands-on, interactive demos of its Spacemap® Go spatial sound design and live mixing tool at FILO Chicago, a hybrid in-person and live-streamed event for technical artists serving local churches on May 11 and 12. The demo sessions will take place between breakout sessions in the spacious lobby area at the host venue, Willow Creek Community Church in the Chicago suburb of South Barrington, Illinois.

1 comment:

Bridget Doherty said...

Truly, I don't understand why churches need such fancy audio software/systems like Spacemap Go. I honestly don't get what religious venues/houses of worship gain from utilizing systems such as these, other than it being a fun new tool for the technicians and designers that may already be employed there. That being said, I would love to get my hands on a demo of the equipment/software just so I could try it out, because it seems incredibly cool and I think that there's a whole lot of potential for it in theatre and other live entertainment venues. I think it would be really interesting to see demos of the system in different theatrical spaces, like how it might act or present itself in a in-the-round space versus a proscenium stage, or a quote unquote immersive space (although I guess the entire point of the software is to create immersion).