CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A new (indoor!) light and sound show is taking over Union Square next month

www.timeout.com/newyork: Could Blindness, a new Off Broadway performance set to take over the Daryl Roth Theater in Union Square starting April 2, be the future of the New York arts scene for the time being? Perhaps. The Walter Meierjohann-directed spectacle, which mounted a run in London this past August, is an adaptation of the eponymous novel by the Pulitzer Prize-winning José Saramago.

1 comment:

Alexa Janoschka said...

I think it's still strange to see venues like this. It is socially distanced but it is still so close and people are still going in and out. IDK how I feel about it but it's a cool idea, I just wouldn't go to it during the pandemic. The picture is pretty cool and it's good to hear that they are sanitizing. I feel like that that is what most of these posts are about. Yes we are sanitizing, yes we are staying social distances, yes we are keeping our audience safe... so on so forth. The picture also just makes the world seem even more pandemic-y, like they are just sitting in a room... looking at a light... and listening to something... Art? hm... I guess I'm not a huge fan, or maybe I just need to read a longer article about what the some is actually about (<that was 149 words, lol)