CMU School of Drama


Monday, March 29, 2021

Michael Wilkinson Interview: Zack Snyder's Justice League

screenrant.com: Now that Zack Snyder's Justice League has shown audiences more than four full hours of story, there is no question that the workd put into the movie can be appreciated as originally intended (and then some). In the process, revealing more of the Amazons, Atlanteans, and Apokolips than fans even knew to expect. For costume designer Michael Wilkinson, Justice League represented yet another evolution and refinement of Zack Snyder's movie universe.

1 comment:

Jem Tepe said...

I know what they're going for with trying to make the superhero costumes look more grown-up and dark, but at this point I'm kind of over it. The whole point with superhero comics is that they were in escape from reality, showing the world or someone could swoop in and solve the world's problems. I want a superhero movie that looks like the Adam West Batman show did. I want something with pure camp. I want tights, I want bright red capes, and I want stupid catchphrases. I think that's why Thor Ragnarok is my favorite marvel movie, because it's probably the closest we've gotten to a very comic book-esc superhero film. Maybe that's why I like The First Avenger so much too, because it references and pokes fun at the awkwardness of superhero costumes. I think the issue with the DC films is that they try to take superheroes far to seriously. Comic books are not serious at all, and I think making the odd, campy superhero film would really shake things up.