CMU School of Drama


Monday, March 15, 2021

Brompton Technology helps XR Studios create new possibilities for live performance and entertainment in XR

LightSoundJournal.com: With an impressive roster of productions such as the MTV Video Music Awards and MTV Movie & TV Awards, Katy Perry’s debut performance of her single ‘Daisies’ on American Idol, Billie Eilish’s ‘Where Do We Go? The Livestream’ concert, and a number of high-profile E-sports and corporate events, LA-based XR Studios constantly pushes the boundaries of XR technology to new heights.

1 comment:

Alexa Janoschka said...

I don't think I have heard of the term "technologist" before but I really like that. I can also add four new companies to look into on my list of places to possibly work in the future. What this article has reminded me is that the pandemic made anything and everything goes virtual. While the advancements in connectivity online and through streaming are fantastic I really miss hearing about what is happening live and behind the scenes while running events. I get that the pandemic has brought on a lot of change over the past year but it still hard to not read about the in-person component of events and productions. There have been many companies created over the past year because of the higher demand for streaming and I don't think that streaming is going to disappear after the pandemic, but I am looking forward to a day where the world can find more balance with in-person and virtual events and production