CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 09, 2018

It Sounded Like Shakespeare Hypnotized Children of Heaven in My Dreams

Pittsburgh in the Round: I spent my first day at the Pittsburgh Fringe 2018 at St. Mary’s Lyceum. It was a mixed experience for both the shows and the location.

As far as the space is concerned: audiences beware! St. Mary’s Lyceum is an ashtray! You have to walk the gauntlet through a bar full of smoking men to make it to the upstairs performance space. I felt like I was on the wrong end of a “Law and Order” episode when I entered the building, and I left needing to wash my hair with bleach to remove the cigarette smell. But, seriously, if you have asthma or any sensitivities to cigarette smoke, this is not the location for you, at least during the hours the bar is open, so take care.

No comments: