CMU School of Drama


Monday, March 14, 2022

VP Makes Holographic Screens Beyond Real

fxguide: Territory Studio is an award-winning independent design company established in 2010. Although the company is known for its user interface designs seen in tentpole films, it also works on broader design, digital VFX, and title designs. The team’s credits include motion graphics and VFX for The Batman, Dune, Bond: No Time to Die, Spider-Man: Far from Home, Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame, The Martian and many more.

1 comment:

Sophia Coscia said...

This honestly blows my mind. I understand the use of computer-generated imagery in films, but I think for so long it was a strange mystery to me. I was seven when "Avatar" came out and I remember thinking it was pure magic. I couldn't wrap my brain around it. We have obviously come so far since then. Holographic screens and evolving technology will make this kind of work far more accessible. However, it is crazy to think that this skill translates so closely to theatre. I have begun disguise training and planned on learning Unreal next. To think that I could possibly work on films such as those mentioned in the article, due to my theatre training and experience with VMD is so exciting. It really feels like technology is making careers limitless in the entertainment industry and I am so excited to be a part of this age.