CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Interview with Anna-Lee Craig, A2 for Hamilton on Broadway

SoundGirls.org: As I’ve outlined in previous blogs, getting advice and guidance from role models and mentors is a huge part of why I have been able to make a career in theatrical sound thus far. I’ve gotten to develop relationships with a bunch of amazing glass-ceiling crushing women, many of whom are mixing and designing at the highest levels on Broadway and elsewhere. There are other folks in theatre whose work I have simply admired from afar; you might even call me a “superfan” of theirs. And Hamilton A2 Anna-Lee Craig is certainly one of those humans!

1 comment:

Annika Evens said...

I really enjoyed reading this article. I think that Anna-Lee Craig is amazing and the work she has done is really incredible. Hearing about how she got there was so fascinating and yet so “regular.” She was just a normal student studying what she loved, people saw she was good at it and she got jobs. There wasn’t ever like something extraordinary that get her where she is, which is something I think we see a lot when reading stories about how people get jobs. Her talent really just shown through and she got where she is, which I think is great. I would be super interested in reading part two of this blog in 2022 because I love to see stories about parents in the theatre world and how they handle that, and she has two young kids and is currently working on a Broadway show, so I would be super interested in how she balances parenting and the late hours of working on a Broadway show.