CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The Queen's Gambit Hair and Makeup Designer Interview

POPSUGAR Beauty: Netflix has a new original miniseries premiering on Oct. 23: The Queen's Gambit, starring Anya Taylor-Joy. The show follows the life of Beth Harmon, a young chess prodigy, and takes place during the Cold War era. Given the time period of the seven-episode series, you can expect the set design, costumes, and hair and makeup to transport you back to the 1940s through the 1960s.

1 comment:

Evan Riley said...

I found this article very disappointing. I recognize these tik toks and they have often shown up on my for you page. It is interesting to have people guess the color and I remember one very funny video where the mixer was making black, they put in so much black dye and mixed but the paint still came back light grey. As for this man being fired, I think that it is very absurd of Sherwin- Williams to fire him. I dotn see how he was doing any harm to their business. If anything he was creating more excitement for their paints and probably increasing sales. I bet there was some dispute over him representing the brand and copyright of ideas somehow. I dont know exactly. Also the blue berry paint video was very interesting to me, He didnt even put that many in so I was confused that that was actually the color that blue berries would make.