CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Northern Stage Becomes First LORT Theater in the Country to be Approved for Live Programming During Pandemic

www.broadwayworld.com: The Actors' Equity Association, Stage Directors and Choreographers Society, and United Scenic Artists, the three major theatrical artist unions, have approved Northern Stage's production of It's Fine, I'm Fine by Stephanie Everett to run live, in-person on stage at the Barrette Center for the Arts October 7 - 25, making Northern Stage the first member of the League of Resident Theatres and the third professional theater in the country to be approved for live programming since the start of the pandemic.

1 comment:

Kaisa Lee said...

I believe that currently, Northern Stage is doing everything they can possibly to ensure the safety of their actors and audience members. 25 percent capacity, social distancing, and actor testing, and many other precautions help to make the environment as safe as it can be. Of course, there are still risks involved in having any sort of in-person gathering but this is as safe as it will get. I think that this demonstrates the desperation people have for theater because of the great lengths that they have gone to. Personally, even though I immensely miss theater I would not feel comfortable attending one in person at this moment. I don't know when I will feel safe but I don't think I will be attending any large in-person events until after everyone has been vaccinated which is saddening.