CMU School of Drama


Sunday, September 01, 2019

NFTRW Weekly Top Five

Here are the top five content generating posts of the past week:

I Admit It! Sometimes I Fall Asleep at the Theatre

Theatre Development Fund – TDF: I didn't see a lot of theatre growing up, but every winter my parents took me and my sister to a concert by the Boston Pops. The evening was an occasion: I had to wear a dress, and it always seemed like an exciting event until we actually sat down to listen. The music, which was classical, sounded nice but, without fail, I would fall asleep. "Lizey slept through it again!" my mom would proclaim. Yet waking up to the crease of my father's blazer imprinted upon my cheek and my family's jokes about my snoozing I was never quite ashamed. I felt, if not exactly celebrated, at least seen. It was an honest response to the experience.

'Baby Shark', Derived From A Public Domain Folk Song, Now The Subject Of A Copyright Dispute

Techdirt: If you have had a toddler in your house sometime over the past few years, you likely already know all about the "Baby Shark" song. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you are among the luckiest people on the planet. Except now I'm going to embed the video below to ensure you are aware of it.

Jane Goodall's Immersive Paper Forest Promotes Conservation

The Theatre Times: A rainforest has risen on the ground level of the Hong Kong Science Museum. Leaves rustle underfoot, stag beetles meander on the tree branches and exotic moths with wings a vivid shade of pea green blend into the foliage. And all of it is made of paper.

Problem Solving, Fire and THE HANDMAID'S TALE

VFX Voice MagazineVFX Voice Magazine: The first two seasons of The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu utilized a real house to shoot exteriors for the home of Gileadan Commander Fred Waterford (Joseph Fiennes) and his wife Serena Joy (Yvonne Strahovski), to which Handmaid June Osborne/Offred (Elisabeth Moss) is assigned. But for season 3 of the series, production was no longer about to continue to use that location.

Video Design of Opera Australia Madama Butterfly

www.livedesignonline.com: This season, Opera Australia broke new ground by presenting a completely “digital” season. No, singers weren’t replaced with holograms, and, no, the audience didn’t listen through headsets. Rather than staging the three-opera season on traditional scenery, with all necessary construction, dismantling, and re-construction of a typical repertory opera season, Opera Australia asked its artists to embrace a digital version of the scenery. Following a move in this direction with last year’s Aida, the company went full speed ahead for its productions in the Sydney Opera House. The season included new productions of Madama Butterfly, Anna Bolena, and the world premiere of Whiteley.

No comments: