CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Tour Diary: National Ballet of Canada's Jordana Daumec in Russia

www.pointemagazine.com: Hi all! My name is Jordana Daumec. I'm a first soloist with The National Ballet of Canada. I'm currently taking a break from packing my bags for our tour to Moscow and St. Petersburg where we'll be performing at Diana Vishneva's Context Festival! We are bringing some amazing ballets to Russia: Being and Nothingness by NBoC choreographic associate Guillaume Côté, Paz de La Jolla by Justin Peck and Emergence by Crystal Pite. The company is super excited to perform in these two amazing cities that have such a deep history in ballet.

1 comment:

Briana Green said...

Even though I am not a performer, I have a very deep love for dance and travelling. I used to do competition dancing, and travelling do different cities to perform was my favorite aspect of it all. This article in particular jumped out at me because of why the dancer was so excited to be travelling. If you know ballet, you know the Bolshoi Theatre in Russia. Even just the thought of stepping on the stage with such rich ballet and opera history and roots, performer or not, is a once in a lifetime feeling. In my career, I would love to someday work in ballet and be able to experience opportunities such as this. While I love being on the technical and management side, dance still has a large part of my heart and I hope to one day bring both sides of myself together in my artistic career.