CMU School of Drama


Monday, October 09, 2017

Halloween haunts range from sweet to terrifyingly real

Halloween haunts range from sweet to terrifyingly real: In case the real world's not scary enough, there are plenty of Halloween attractions out there designed to completely freak you out. One in New York called This Is Real promises to “literally kidnap you and stash you in a Brooklyn warehouse.” Fortunately, you can also find happy pumpkin-themed events if you seek a gentler approach to the holiday.

1 comment:

Ella R said...

In my opinion halloween is one of the coolest times of year. I love the self expression that can come with creating a costume and haunted houses are one of my favorite things to do during halloween. This list of attractions all over America was really insightful. I actually spent too long after reading this article finding haunted attractions in Pittsburgh that I can go to with my friends. I think halloween invokes very interactive performances to occur and while they might not be very inventive, they are often really fun adventures. If I am in New York while “This is Real” is open I am definitely going to check it out. I think the world of immersive theater originated from amusement parks and haunted houses so I think it’s cool to visit places that integrate a more evolved haunted house with very immersive experiences.