CMU School of Drama


Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stage Review: Pittsburgh CLO honors a classic in 'Fiddler on the Roof'

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Some stage classics are like fine wine. They seem to grow richer with time. Such is the case with the Pittsburgh CLO's latest offering, the Tony award-winning "Fiddler on the Roof," at the Benedum Center, Downtown, through Sunday. Broadway veterans, regional theater regulars and children developing their musical theater chops revived with healthy doses of comedic flare, tenderness and charm the 1964 tale about the tug of war between Tevye the dairyman and his daughters over Old World values and New World ways.

1 comment:

Sam Short said...

I remember helping run the lights for Filddler in my middle school. We had done the junior version but it had still awesome. I loved that show and from the review it seems like the show had lived up to its legendary reputation. Other than some less than amazing choreography the review puts the hows in good light. I unfortunately didn't get to seethe show due to other obligations. From what I heard, the show was good but once again the tech was les than anything special. The Benedum has seemed to lack on the technical side and the more I hear about this awful situations leaves me worried that they are out to ruin almost every show that I hold dear. I want to believe the article but the tech should be able to speak for itself.