CMU School of Drama


Friday, October 02, 2026

'KPop Demon Hunters: The Immersive Experience' details, tickets

www.goldderby.com: Want to live in the world of KPop Demon Hunters? Netflix is about to grant you a "Golden" opportunity. The streamer revealed on Tuesday that KPop Demon Hunters: The Immersive Experience is coming to its Netflix House locations in Dallas and Philadelphia on Nov. 12 and Nov. 20, respectively.

7 comments:

mai b said...

I am kind of surprised that they are coming out with this experience now, when the loyal fandom of the movie seems to have disbanded quite a bit. I remember when the movie first released and everyone was going crazy for a solid year before the excitement started to die off as it was a one off movie with no new content that was coming in. It will probably still get lots of people in the experience, but I think it would have been a smarter business move if they had announced the interactive kpop demon hunters experience while the hype was still big, and then set a super late opening date that would allow fans to remain excited and interested in the IP, pre the big opening. it actually seems to be a pretty affordable experience with tickets starting at 39 dollars, and I believe that some of the people who come will just go to see what's up, which is definitely good for the studio.

Anonymous said...

I’m very intrigued by this Netflix House idea. It low-key seems like a knock off Disneyland, Universal or some other media based theme park. Except it’s video game experiences rather than rides. It feels like a scale of a meow wolf exhibit/the Ninjago land at Legoland. Similar to what universal does feels like it’s pulling on many different fandom’s (Harry Potter, How to Train Your Dragon, etc). On the other hand, Disney uses their extensive IP to create one cohesive experience. Also kind of sounded like the K-pop Demon Hunters experience is an individually ticketed event. I have concerns as to how many people Netflix will actually be able to draw to these Netflix houses. If they were in cities with major conventions like Austin, San Diego, New York it would be more plausible. But they’re not near any of those. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure many preteen kids would kill to experience this. But I actually any parents/adults who could actually take them. - Mags Holcomb

chris said...

The first thing that stood out to me reading this was the pricing. Of course Netflix is going to build more around their most famous IP, since it is literally the most viewed movie on Netflix this year, and if you have a successful IP there is no reason not to develop it. The interactive side sounds genuinely fun, especially the dance-moves challenge and the full-sized Derpy Tiger puppet built by Jim Henson's Creature Shop. But with the normal ticket starting at $39 and the kids ticket at $34 for ages 3 to 12, that feels like a lot for a children's ticket, especially when the target audience seems to be families. I do wonder how accessible it ends up being for the kids who are most excited about it. That said, I hope the interactive tech side genuinely inspires some of them about what tech can do these days.

Richard Manne said...

I thought KPop Demon Hunters wasn't bad, but this experience doesn't align with my interests, so I probably wouldn't go. What caught my attention is the puppetry. Derpy Tiger is being brought to life through puppetry created in collaboration with Jim Henson's Creature Shop, which is a great name to have attached to it. I recently saw The Lion King Broadway Tour, and the puppetry in that show was perfect. Good puppetry has a way of making you forget there is a person behind it and believe the character is alive. Derpy Tiger is a great candidate for that because so much of his charm in the film comes from being goofy and expressive. If he feels half as alive in person as he does on screen, I think that is what will make the experience special for fans, especially the kids.
I'm curious how it will translate, though. A Broadway puppet performs in a show where the audience sits still and watches. At Netflix House, guests will be walking up, posing for pictures, and interacting with him up close, and that's a much harder environment for puppetry to hold up in.

Olivia Green said...

I think the choice in creating this experience now, during the fall, is a bit late. The movie’s primary audience is either back in school or work and cannot spend the time traveling to view this experience. The one-off experience seems like an attempt at creating a Disneyland-level attraction. I also believe that the locations of these shows aren’t the best for encompassing the geography of their audience. Personally, if this were during the summer, I would love to visit with my family and younger siblings; however, the timing seems inopportune. Additionally, most of the hype surrounding the show has faded. The process to create this attraction makes sense, as there is such a large gap because Netflix had no idea how much the movie would blow up, but if they had instead found a way to sustain the engagement, this experience would be better received. I wonder if Netflix will continue making experiences like this for upcoming shows and movies.

Cal Murphy said...

I thought this article was really interesting! I've always thought that immersive experiences are really cool, especially when they're based on a different form of media - like in this article, when Netflix is translating a popular movie into a walk-through experience with music and interactive challenges. I also really like Kpop Demon Hunters in general, and I appreciate the fact that it's still popular enough to be sparking new ideas and opportunities for fans. I think the way Netflix is creating the exhibit is really interesting, too; putting audience members alongside interactive screens and 3d puppets, as well as allowing them to work with their favorite characters to heal the Honmoon through music and interactive challenges is a creative way to get fans involved. All in all, I thought this article was super interesting, and I think the interactive experience is sure to bring joy to fans everywhere

Thioro Diop said...

While I am happy that K-pop demon hunters is getting an exhibit like this I am a bit confused on the timing. It was at its peak last year and it was all anyone could talk about for a good while, but at this current moment it’s kind of out of the public consciousness because it was talked about so much so while yes people would still go it’s outside of the window of time where it would attract the most people. If I had to give a time where I would set it I would make it around when K-pop demon hunters 2 will come out(and give it an actual theatrical release come on Sony you lost so much money by not doing that) that way it’s on people minds way more and when you make and announcement for the exhibit more people are likely to go and get people talking about it