Community, Leadership, Experimentation, Diversity, & Education
Pittsburgh Arts, Regional Theatre, New Work, Producing, Copyright, Labor Unions,
New Products, Coping Skills, J-O-Bs...
Theatre industry news, University & School of Drama Announcements, plus occasional course support for
Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Faculty, Staff, Students, and Alumni.
CMU School of Drama
Friday, October 02, 2026
Confluence Theater of Pittsburgh announces 1st full season
triblive.com: On Wednesday, the new company announced its first full season, which will run throughout 2027. The season includes seven productions — one of which will be announced in the future — along with a “spirited holiday celebration,” education programs and more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As someone with no relevant experience or qualifications, I think this seems like a pretty well balanced season! Some new, some old, some eternal classics and some cool experimental work. I'm a little interested in seeing a map of how many regional theatres are doing Cabaret and/or Les Mis, because I've heard of a couple. People respond to the world around them in similar ways, even if they may not realize it initially. I did some additional research and found 2 interesting things
1. There is going to be a seventh show in Confluence's inaugural season (as mentioned briefly in the article), but “the licensing isn’t quite set yet.”
2. Interim Artistic Director Kyle Haden described the season as “like a great dinner party, bringing together guests who might not normally share a table,” which is code for "there's no theme" in my book.
Given what Confluence is going for this season, though, I share Susan Tsu's belief that it's probably for the best that City Theatre did not join them, lol. Still, this looks pretty fun, though the lack of Benedum hurts my soul ):
Post a Comment