CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Entertainment Community Fund Offering Free Flu Shots for Members in New York and Around the Country

Playbill: The Entertainment Community Fund, supporting the needs of those working in the entertainment and performing arts industry, is offering free flu shots in New York City and throughout the country for members of the performing arts community. In fact, over the weekend, flu shots were administered to the cast and crew of the Broadway revival of Into the Woods at the St. James Theatre.

1 comment:

Ava Notarangelo said...

I think it is really cool that the entertainment community fund is making an effort to help keep theatre communities safe. Especially in the drama school at Carnegie Mellon, making an effort to be safe and limit risk when it comes to sickness is very important. Hopefully as flu season starts to ramp up, members of the community will continue to make efforts to be safe. I also think this is a really awesome thing for this fund to be doing, as many people don’t have access to getting the necessary vaccinations. Personally, I was unable to get my flu vaccination here due to my insurance, so I have to wait until I go home for Christmas to get everything done. If this fund were here in Pittsburgh and I was able to get my flu vaccination before the holidays, I would definitely feel a lot safer being in such close proximity to so many people I care about.