CMU School of Drama


Monday, October 24, 2022

Attack Theatre presents ‘Dear Sessions’ A salon-style evening of music and dance on October 28, 2022

onStage Pittsburgh: Attack Theatre, now in its 28th season, invites you to a salon-style evening of music and dance that will move you. Join this first show of the new season in Lawrenceville, featuring Grammy® winner and cellist Dave Eggar, NPR 2020 Song of the Year singer-songwriter Amber Rubarth, and Max ZT – who NPR calls “the Hendrix of the hammered dulcimer.”

1 comment:

Ava Notarangelo said...

I think it is so important that people are exposed to different types of arts that they are not necessarily used to, and I think it is amazing that attack theater is making an effort to bring opportunities like this to Pittsburgh audiences. Although I have never been exposed to an actual salon style production, growing up in Hawai’i has exposed me to so many different art forms from the past that I never would have learned about otherwise. In elementary school we learn many different olis and meles (chants) before we even know how to read or write in English very well. I learned the basics of hula when I was barely five years old for the annual may day celebration many schools put on (which involved learning a hula, normally learning an oli to go along with it, making a lei to wear for the performance, and learning about the skirt I would be wearing), and I learned many other things about the history and culture while I was growing up.