CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Almost Famous on Broadway: Cameron Crowe Previews Musical

consequence.net: One of the finest moments of Cameron Crowe’s semi-autobiographical coming of age classic Almost Famous arrives in the film’s iconic “Tiny Dancer” scene: At one of the most tense points in the narrative, the fictional band Stillwater (and their “band-aids”) launch into an impromptu performance of Elton John’s “Tiny Dancer” on their tour bus. Protagonist William Miller turns to Kate Hudson’s Penny Lane and reminds her, “I have to go home,” to which she replies, “You are home.”

1 comment:

Brooke A said...

I have heard so much about this production and people going to see it and I’m so jealous. I think this show has quickly moved to near the top of my want to see shows on Broadway currently. I also love that this show has a majority of cast and crew who are making their Broadway debuts. I think that it is so important to get new people into broadway shows, especially on the technical side. I think that Broadway is one of the most white areas of theatre and that needs to change. However, I am really happy that there are 15 cast members making their Broadway debut and probably at least the same amount of people backstage that are also making their Broadway debuts. I hope that I am able to get to see this in New York City while it is still on Broadway. I think it would be really important to go see, especially for the younger generation.